Real estate & consumer information
As a consumer, information is everything. The following links are some of the best on the Internet and should give you a great deal of value.
- HUD.gov (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) - Homeowner help and many more housing resources.
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service - A public health agency responsible for ensuring that the nation's commercial supply of meat, poultry, and egg products is safe, wholesome, and correctly labeled and packaged.
- CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) - Charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of thousands of types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction.
- EPA (United States Environmental Protection Agency) - Concerned citizens resources.
- FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) - Consumer protection.
- FTC (Federal Trade Commission) - Consumer information.
- FDA (Food and Drug Administration) - Recalls and alerts for food, drugs, medical devices, and more.
- NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration - Driving and vehicle safety, laws, and more.
- Lemon Law America - Lemon law information for each state.
- Edmunds - New and used cars, reviews, and research.
- Equifax - Compare personal credit solution products and plans.
- Experian - Consumer credit report basics.
- TransUnion - Credit solutions, questions, and support.
- Consumer Reports Online - Test and reviews products, providing a reliable source of information for consumers.
- Frugal Living - How to cut costs and DIY.
- Consumer.gov - Consumer protection basics for money, credit, loans, and scams.
- Insurance Info Center - Information about the different types of insurance for auto, home, health, and more.